Sovalye island (Knights Island) is directly situated opposite of the Fethiye Harbour. It is only around 15 minutes across the water from the port of Fethiye.
Sovalye Island is completely pedestrianized with paved walkways.
It is the only island with property building permissions in this region however, very tight restrictions apply if you are wishing to buy land and build a property. This is due to historical ruins belonging to the Roman Empire times.
This island was a base for the legends who were protecting the city and coastline from the pirates. This base was built by the Knights of St John.
It is now popular for the wealthy local businessmen and international investors who wish to buy a property by the sea in Fethiye. Although the property prices are more expensive than the city, it is still more affordable compared to Kalkan and Gocek. Some of the owners also have the privilege of having their own platforms in the sea here. Please let us know more about this special location and check our available properties here. You can always contact us here.
- Best Properties for sale in Turkey
- Best Properties for sale in Fethiye
- Best Properties for sale in Bodrum
- Best Properties for sale in Kalkan
- Best Properties for sale in Dalaman
- Best Properties for sale in Antalya
- Best Properties for sale in Dalyan
- Best Properties for sale in Didim
- Best Properties For Sale In Gocek
- Turkey Property Guide
- Buying Property in Turkey
- Inheritance Tax, Laws & Wills
- Property After Sales Services
- Letting your Turkish Property
- Turkish Mortgages for Foreigners
- How to apply for Turkish Citizenship
- Location Information
- News | Blogs